1. Please follow below steps to setup the FTP server first.
Step 1. Please go to "General setting > Setting" to setup your FTP address and username /password.
Step 2. Then click the "Upload Test File" button to test the FTP server is available or not. It will show that the FTP server is connected successfully.
Note: Please make sure you have entered the correct username and password and enable "edit privilege" for the FTP user account.
2. Please setup the auto backup setting as below:
- Start Time: The start time of recorded video of the previous date.
- Every: Backup the number of days recording data before today.
Steps 5. Then choose the cameras you want to backup.
Note: Mainconsole will backup the video as "Incremental Backup" instead of "Differential Backup". Below is the definition of the two backup ways:
- Incremental Backup: Takes a copy of items changed or added since the last incremental backup job
- Differential Backup: Takes a copy of all items that were changed since the last full backup.
So even if you setup daily backup for previous 7 days recording, it will backup previous one day recording data everyday. it could save the time and hard drive space.