When user tried to connect to SQL server, it pops up the warning message of '' Fail to connect to SQL ODBC data source '' message.
Here are some notes need to be notified when you reinstall SQL server:
(1) Please execute the "install.bat" in path \CMS install pack\Main SW\SQLEXPR_SP2. Otherwise the relevant instance for NCS system will not be built.
(2) Un-check the box "Hide advanced configuration options". It will skip the sa password setup step if you check it.
(3) Make sure the instance name is "CMAlarmLog", otherwise it cannot connect to NCS server.
(4) Select method a or b to connect to SQL server.
a. Type "(local)" to connect the SQL server in your local host PC.
b. Drag drop down list and pick up a server name which include "CMALARMLOG" which should be the same as the instance name you setup before.
2. Please refer to CMS user’s manual p.17 to see if how to setup SQL server.
Have more questions? Submit a request