Once the recording on "edge motion" is set up, we can achieve the following benefits:
- saving disk usage space.
- maintain moderate server CPU loading, as image analysis process is done by the cameras.
Before start, please make sure the IP camera is supported by NUUO NVR, and the on-edge motion is also supported. Please go to NUUO camera support list and find the camera (see below image for an example).
We must do the following:
- Set up motion detection in a camera.
- Make sure edge motion detection can be received by Mainconsole.
- Use the motion detection as an event to trigger the recording.
- Start recording.
Set up motion detection in a camera
Make sure the motion detection function is enabled on the camera and it is functional.
Make sure edge motion detection can be received by Mainconsole
- Enter [Smart Guard Configuration]
- A window of [Event and Action Configuration] will pop up.
- Under [Insert Event], add a new alarm on the desired camera:
- Select "Edge Motion" under [Select Event] popup window:
- Check if motions are detected from the camera.
- Click [OK] to save all settings.
Use the motion detection as an event to trigger the recording
- Enter [Schedule Configuration].
- On the same camera, select [Record on Event] (blue bar) under [Configure].
- Click [Select Event].
- At this point, you should be able to see the [Edge Motion] option under [Video Analytics (Device)].
- Select [Edge Motion] and click [OK] to save everything.
- Click [Start Recording Schedule] and [Start Smart Guard System].
- When motion is detected and recording, the status light on the grid will turn RED. When no motion is detected, the status light will turn BLUE.