The purposes of this procedure are:
- to disable UAC for a specific program, and still keep the Windows UAC setting as it is.
- to login Windows as normal user and run the program without entering administrator password.
For Windows 10 please download this program:
Please install “Application Compatibility Tools”. The others are not necessary, you can uncheck them all.
Please follow the instructions here:
- In the Start menu find the shortcut Microsoft Application Compatibility Toolkit 5.0\Compatibility Administrator. Right click it and click Run as administrator.
- In the left hand pane, right-click on the database under Custom Databases and select Create New, and select Application Fix.
- Enter the name and other details of the application you want to alter behavior on and then browse to it to select it. Click Next.
- Click Next until you are in the Compatibility Fixes screen. On the Compatibility Fixes screen, find the item RunAsInvoker, and check it.
Click Next and then Finish.
- Select File -> Save As. Save the file as a filename.SDB type file in a directory you will easily find it.
Then copy the <filename>.sdb file to the computer you want to alter the elevation prompt behavior on.
- Click Start -> All Programs -> Accessories. Right click Command Prompt and click Run as administrator.
- Run the command below:
For example, if you saved the .SDB file as abc.sdb in the c:\Windows folder, the command should be like this:
It should prompt: Installation of <name> complete.
For Windows 7 please download the previous version tool here: