User has already set up the event action to send push notifications to a smart phone (iViewer app), but cannot receive notifications when NUUO NVR/VMS is triggered.
Kindly follow the below steps to set your smart phone to receive push notifications from NUUO NVR/VMS.
- Make sure your iViewer app has connected to our NUUO NVR/VMS at least once.
- Make sure you are using a correct user account to connect with our NUUO NVR/VMS in iViewer. (iViewer login user account must be one of the users in the [User List] under [Notification Configuration])
- Enable "Push Notification" in iViewer.
- Event trigger settings must be correct in NUUO NVR/VMS. For example, when the NUUO NVR/VMS catches a motion event, it will send a push notification action. You can check the logs to verify if motion events are being set or not.
- Make sure that NUUO NVR/VMS can connect to the internet.
The Push Notification function does not work in the local LAN. Beacuse NUUO NVR/VMS sends the push notifications to our ezNUUO server first and then sends them to Apple APNS (Apple Push Notification service) or Android GCM (Google Cloud Message Service).
- Make sure you have input Primary DNS correctly and our NUUO NVR/VMS can connect to this Primary DNS.